Microblogging

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:44:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:18:55AM -0600, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > If anyone has better ideas, please let me know.
>
> Just curious... has anyone filed this as a bug with the StatusNet
> folks? (That it doesn't support groups, etc.?)
>
> Or ... just tried to add the feature?
>
> I created a issue here; http://status.net/open-source/issues/2947
>
> Had the same problem when with openSUSE, so I think a lot of groups
> would want this kind of access without having to rely on a 3rd party
> piece of software -- particularly proprietary software.

Nicely done, Zonker -- you identified and fixed a bug in my brain! :-)
(The one that prevented me from seeing this as something SN might want
to provide for everyone.)  Sometimes my internal "don't be a PITA"
filter is set too high and squelches out worthwhile bugs/RFE's to
file.

The fact that HS and its ilk exist tells me this is a worthwhile
feature.  The remaining question is whether SN is interested in
implementing it!