[in the news] Linux Format magazine article - Ubuntu vs. Fedora: Which is best?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 15:19:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 2:24 PM  wrote:

> GNOME-Shell will be included on F15. I think the issue of GNOME or UNITY
> desktops for F15 is quite settled now. But GNOME team is insisting on a
> Particular Desktop background by default for GNOME 3.

They aren't.   There was a request from folks working with upstream GNOME on
whether the Fedora desktop/gnome team would consider using the upstream
GNOME 3 default wallpaper.    Whether the team in Fedora will use that is
upto them.  What other desktop environments will use is upto them as well.

Rahul