SCALE 8x publicity
kwade at redhat.com
Tue Feb 9 19:08:13 UTC 2010
So we have a few things going on at SCALe 8x, 19 to 21 Feb in Los
Angeles, CA. These are newsworthy, such that we think it's worth
cranking up the joint Red Hat-Fedora PR mechanisms. What are they?
Here's what is going on, in a nutshell:
* Friday - Fedora Activity Day to work on Summer Coding and getting
ready for the coming Google Summer of Code.
* Friday - Women in Open Source - The self-described Fedora Mascots
are going to give a talk, "Ultimate Randomness - Girl
voices in open source." These are Larry's 12-year-old
and my 12- and 9-year-old daughters.
* Saturday - I give the 10 am keynote, "Being a Catalyst in Commnities
- The scientific facts about the open source way."
* Saturday - Richard Fontana talks at 4:30 on Sunday, "Improving the
Open Source Legal System."
* Sat/Sun - Fedora booth in the main expo hall (booth 43, straight in
the front doors, second cross-aisle, turn right, on the
left in the middle, where the [F] is:
Anything I'm missing?
What is Red Hat planning around PR for this event?
What can we do together?
As we did last year, Fedora Ambassadors will be making out some flyers
publicizing Fedora and Red Hat talks. So far, Richard's is the main
one I see, but there is also a Sugar presentation we might want to
name: Karsten 'quaid' Wade, Sr. Community Gardener
team: Red Hat Community Architecture
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/attachments/20100209/560e8467/attachment.bin
More information about the marketing