SCALE 8x publicity

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Feb 10 15:10:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 03:42:25PM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Kara is interested in doing some Red Hat PR around SCALE -- there will
> be a great mix of both Fedora and Red Hat principals at the event
> speaking.  (I think Thomas Cameron should show off both his tattoos.)
>
> Karsten, is the FAD still going to feature work on our Summer Coding
> engagement for 2010?

Aye, that's the plan.  I'm working on exactly what we'll be doing, but
the hand-wavy bits are easy enough to do right now.

Here's a paragraph that can be used or tweaked for press materials.
Bounce back suggested fixes, thanks!

<para>

On the Friday of SCALE 8x special events, Fedora Project contributors
are conducting a Fedora Activity Day (FAD).  The focus of this FAD is
preparing the Fedora Project/JBoss.org joint mentoring organization
for the upcoming 2010 Google Summer of Code.  The team plans to create
process and how-to content, find and solve mentor problems, and
educate the wider JBoss.org and Fedora projects about how
participation is conducted this year.  The work prepares the
organizations for the goal of improving capacity for more students and
mentors.

</para>

- Karsten
uri:                  http://quaid.fedorapeople.org