SCALE 8x publicity

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 17:48:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 12:51:32PM +0100, wonderer wrote:
> Hy,
>
> here are my 0,02Cents...
>
> > Here's a paragraph that can be used or tweaked for press materials.
> > Bounce back suggested fixes, thanks!
> >
> > <para>
> >
> > On the Friday of SCALE 8x special events, Fedora Project contributors
> > are conducting a Fedora Activity Day (FAD).  The focus of this FAD is
> > preparing the Fedora Project/JBoss.org joint mentoring organization
> > for the upcoming 2010 Google Summer of Code.  The team plans to create
> > process and how-to content, find and solve mentor problems, and
> > educate the wider JBoss.org and Fedora projects about how
> > participation is conducted this year.  The work prepares the
> > organizations for the goal of improving capacity for more students and
> > mentors.
> >
> > </para>
> >
> Sounds good.
> Is it possible to include some persons names or write it a bit more
> personal like "The team around Karsten Wade [and XYZ], a Redhat Worker
> and Fedora Enthusiast, plans to create process [...]".

Interesting point.  My instinct is to de-personalize it; too often it
seems that we try to rally people around personality and celebrity.  I
wanted to emphasize that it is a group effort, and since the group is
made up of "whoever shows up and works", it's hard to name those folks
in advance.

Still, I can see some other ways that personalize it, so it appeals to
humans :), without making it a cult of personality.

<para>

On the Friday of SCALE 8x special events, the Fedora Ambassador team
is conducting a Fedora Activity Day (FAD).  The focus of this FAD is
preparing the Fedora Project/JBoss.org joint mentoring organization
for the upcoming 2010 Google Summer of Code.  Team members, including
Fedora contributors Ben Williams, Larry Cafiero, Scott Williams, and
Karsten Wade, plan to create process and how-to content.  They are
looking to find and solve mentor problems, and educate the wider
JBoss.org and Fedora projects about how participation is conducted
this year.  The work prepares the Fedora/JBoss.org organizations for
improving capacity for more students and mentors even beyond the
Summer of Code efforts.

</para>

> Also I think thats a small snippet on what is going on on SCALE and the
> text can focus in one other paragraph a bit deeper at the point what
> Redhat/JBoss/Fedora can do for Organisations (because it was mentioned
> in the sentence "The work prepares the organisations [...] <-- wich ones?].

Do the above changes address these ideas?

- Karsten
uri:                  http://quaid.fedorapeople.org