Talking Points SOP: status update, next steps

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 16:39:52 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 7:32 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 02:53:11AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> In the marketing meeting / post-meeting SOP discussion last week, the
>> timeline was decided of putting out a "call for participation" on the
>> Talking Points on either Friday or Monday.  Since it is now Monday,
>> we need to do it today :) Which means we need to (1) finalize the SOP,
>> (2) send out the email to the appropriate lists.
>>
>> Ryan Rix and I worked up the Talking Points SOP this evening /
>> morning.  A (very) rough draft is up at
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Talking_points_SOP.  (We were both
>> pretty tired but decided to knock out a first go at it; there is
>> probably some good content missing from what we discussed in last
>> week's marketing meeting, and post-marketing-meeting Talking Points
>> SOP discussion. Eyeballs! Feedback! Please!)
>>
>> If anyone is around in the morning (7am Pacific, 10am Eastern, ish) -
>> I will be online finishing the editing on the SOP and sending out the
>> email CFP on F13 Talking Points. If anyone wants to hop on and help,
>> that would be AWESOME - or feel free to contribute on the wiki page if
>> you get to it before I do.  One thing I would like to add to the SOP
>> (since I just thought of it 3 seconds ago!) is the content of the
>> email to be sent out requesting participation in Talking Points
>> development. If someone would like to jump in and do that, that would
>> be great.
>
> The page looks great.  I think you can also find some helpful
> information on the [[Category:Talking Points]] page that will help
> fill in "how to choose points."  In fact, I'd be in favor of removing
> a bunch of that material from the Category page, and just linking back
> to the [[Talking points SOP]], to avoid duplication of content (and
> confusion about where the governing stuff is).

WRT the [[Category:Talking Points]] page - I'm going to go ahead and
move some / most of that stuff to the SOP, to get it looking similar
to some of the other Category: pages for marketing deliverables -
[[Category:Release Slogan]], etc.  Basically it will have a
definition, and then a "to find how how this is done, see SOP", with
the various Talking Points pages from current and older releases
listed at the bottom as pages in that category.