[SPAM] Re: I had a cool Idea why don't we put on an artshow!

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Mon Feb 15 20:48:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 15:40 -0500, Justin O'Brien wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 14:10 -0600, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Justin O'Brien <three at threethirty.us> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello all:
> > >
> > > I had an idea Brainstorming in #f-mktg. We were trying to come up with
> > > ways to extend our reach. Getting Free Software/Linux people is awesome
> > > but who else might be interested in Fedora? so I thought why don't we
> > > put on a Fedora Project artshow?!?
> > >

> > > Here is what I was invisioning...
> > >
> > >  * we somehow procure a gallery
> > >  * Fedorians bring in some art they had done
> > >  * we invite people from the art world to see it
> > >  * try to get written up in art mags (do they exist, if so which ones)
> > >  * thought this would be an awesome way to show that art and
> > > freesoftware are great partners
> > >  * thought this would be a way that people could parade out that one
> > > desgin they had for $fedoraVersionInThePast that just didnt make it
> > >  * would be a way to see the creative side of people we didnt know had
> > > one (how many coders/marketing people/legal etc are also painters,
> > > sculpters, etc)
> > >
> > > If anyone likes this idea let me know and maybe we can make this
> > > happen :)
> > >

> > At Nicaragua, Free Software has team up with Free Culture as we have a
> > lot of commons interests. As Free Software community we have organized
> > Free Music concerts.
> >
> > To me your idea makes sense. What I see as something to work out is a
> > geographical location to gather all fedora art. What about a virtual
> > gallery as a starting point?
> >
> > --
> > Neville
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Yn1v
> > Linux User # 473217
> >
> > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> > Check: http://www.clickmanagua.com
> > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> I didn't think about the Geo issue... My brain is US specific :/
>
> Maybe each interested Region could do one...
>
> The virtual gallery is a cool idea but I think it wouldn't attract the
> groups that we were wanting to attract...
>
> any thoughts?
>
> also I'll have to resend this to the design list becuase I wasn't subed
> and got denied :)

 Hi,

 Though I'm new to the list, I would consider the following:

 # Communication is important when addressing to international
communities or minorities. This is something that needs to be very well
thinken off.

 # I've seen a survey link (not active though) on the fedora marketing
resources page. I would prioritize this, as information is power, and
having such tool would eventually help us. If we have a 10 million user
spec, we only need 1064 valid questionnaires to grant a 5% error.
Segmenting our targets would allow us to develop more attractive
communication.

 # I would recon that if your objective is massification of Fedora
GNU/Linux, we aim exactly to the points where it does matter to end
users:
 - Ease of use
 - Productivity (Educational/Corporate targets)
 - Support
 - Eye Candy / Technology

 There is no base on this suggestions (such as surveys or studies), but
I would eventually characterize those as some of the most important
things that newcomers and migrating users would value.

 Nelson.