I had a cool Idea why don't we put on an artshow!

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Feb 17 08:02:29 UTC 2010

On 02/17/2010 09:19 AM, Justin O'Brien wrote:
> what I ment was we should have a real art show... in IRL.  I was being
> very NA minded but I dont see why there couldnt be one in NA and/or else
> where.

The large majority of the Design Team is based outside North America
(true, our greatest star *is* from NA), with strong presence in Europe
and South America, but we also have contributors from Middle East and
Far East.

> Whoever got the resources sorted out first could just do it. That way it
> can also be a localized event.

There is Libre Graphics Meeting, which will happen this year at the end
of May in Brussels - I have a few plans about that and hope some
European contributors will be able to participate.

> If people from other areas wanted to contribute they could either fly or
> ship the work to the location where the event was being held.

Beyond being a community, Fedora is software so the works are mostly
digital... there is little need for shipping. However, flying people in
North America... this is difficult.

> I think doing this in IRL gives "regular people" to the chance to walk
> into a building and without even knowing it be exposed to freesoftware
> and the culture that loves it.

Having a "real" gallery with rooms and printed works is going to be
*expensive*.

PS: we weren't able to put together even the Picture Book -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Picture_book, despite having
budget and photographers.