My first offer as a contribution

wonderer wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Mon Feb 22 14:27:15 UTC 2010

Am 22.02.2010 11:59, schrieb Salvadesswaran P.S.:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Imtiaz Rahi <imtiaz.rahi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 2:54 AM, Nelson Marques <07721 at ipam.pt> wrote:
>>

>>>  My proposal is to elaborate a SWOT Analysis for Fedora
>>> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SWOT_analysis). Performing this
>>> contribution won't at any level interfere with Fedora neither with the
>>> current tasks being developed on the field.
>>>
>>>  This can be done to cover many aspects, and for that I would ask from
>>> this list which aspects you want to be covered, like: Reputation in
>>> Market, etc etc etc.
>>>
>>> Please provide feedback and information (if something like this has
>>> been done in the past).
>>>
>> Possibly not.
>>
>>> [snip]
>>>
>> +1. great idea. a SWOT analysis will show new aspects.
>>
> +1

So, now we have https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SWOT to fill
with thoughts and ideas...

It is a good tool to have such SWOT analysis, but I give to think that
that is a longtime prognosis. There are many factor to think about and
to fill in, but later we have much less work if we do "real" marketing...

Here are my thoughts so far:
Strengths: our community (Ambassadors and Developers mostly)
Weaknesses: Sponsors (We have ONE big and strong sponsor, but from
market perspective that is a weakness)
Opportunities: show new features at first (one of our foundations)
Threats: Influences from outside (e.g. SSH Key weakening some month ago)

best regards
Henrik - Ambassador
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Wonderer