My first offer as a contribution

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Mon Feb 22 20:16:15 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 14:05 -0600, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 1:47 PM, wonderer <wonderer4711 at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Hy,
> >>  I'm on it, from this point on, this is my fight.
> >>

> > Just a sideline: remember our 4Foundations: Freedom | Friends | Features
> > | First
> >
> > There is no war in it and we are all friends in one big community ;-)
> > So, have fun & enjoy...
> >

> Oportunities and Threats are subjective and tend to vary depending on
> what goals are.
> I think that you should be in tune with Marketing FAD, which is coming
> soon. There will be some discussion about Fedora's Marketing
> strategies and therefore we should review goals. There is opportunity
> for remote participation.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010
>
> Best regards.

Opportunities and Threats come mainly from competitors in the same
market. This mainly our position towards other distributions like
openSuSE, Ubuntu, etc. I find them not subjective, but instead very
objective. It's not related to our goals, it should be relating to our
competitors.

Quick Example:

 Threat: Novell's AppArmour (threatens our SE Linux technology).
 Opportunities: Low Cost ARM arch based notebooks flooding the market.
This is an opportunity to expand our presence.

 I don't really find it that subjective. In fact our Strength and
Weaknesses are more subjective than this (from my perspective).

 Nelson.