Call for Participation - Fedora 13 Talking Points

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:18:11 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:06:09PM -0500, Jens Petersen wrote:
> Perhaps I missed it but I didn't see any clear indication that
> a Talking Point has to be a Feature.  Is that the case?

It doesn't.  A Talking Point should be clearly advantageous to the
latest release or somehow contemporaneous with the release.  For
example, the public debut of the Fedora Community portal, which was
not technically a feature of Fedora 11, was still a Talking Point.

Since the TPs will be used quite a bit in formulating release-specific
marketing material, they'll naturally favor features.  But there
should be room for one or two non-feature related, important things
going on around the release.