Goddard

wonderer wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Tue Feb 23 23:21:05 UTC 2010

Hy,
>  I am supposing Goddard (after the scientist).

You may also take a look at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Alpha_release_notes for more
infos...
>  Is there a possibility that on the Release Notes (1st page) we can
> enter a small caption with a small text (2 or 3 lines, possible photo?)
> about who is Goddard?

-1 from me on that, because in my opinion if we let that text and
explenations away it encourages the imagination of the user to think
about it. Everyboday have a different point of view (freedom of thoughts).

Thats part of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_13

>   # Provide a small quote of Goddard:
>   "It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday
> is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow." as an introductory
> theme to our Release Highlights after the Official Release moto.

+1
That could be imho a thing for the CD/DVD cover to put on some quote or
a small Textbanner ...
>   # Sharing some culture with the universe.
>
>   And finally my suggestion for the Release moto: "F13, delivering the
> future today".

You can put that on to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_release_slogan
yourself. Maybe you have more ideas, then you can write them also down.

>  PS: Concerns: The space exploration (in this case a rocket engineer) is
> being highlighted in the media a lot. I am not aware of possible
> cultural problems that might arise from here with anti-american
> feelings. Though I believe we're not providing free ammunition to be
> used against us, it's always a feeling of concern when addressing to
> international (or minorites) audiences.

And also therefor my opinion is to leave the minds open.
You can also have a look at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F13_Artwork
to have in mind in wich direction the theme(s) will go.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer at fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6  3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0