Self Introduction: Nelson Marques

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Wed Feb 24 17:09:36 UTC 2010

Mel and list,

 Just for a quick background: Magalhaes is a project from the Portuguese
Government to provide students (and the general population) a netbook
with internet access.

 This notebook comes with a dual boot install of Micro$oft Windows XP
and GNU/Linux Caixa Mágica (a Portuguese Linux distro based in Mandriva
Linux since 2007, previously on SuSE Linux).

 This opportunities are also valid for Fedora, and with an institution
like Red Hat on the back, we could have chances of implementing our
distro and maybe help Red Hat creating new business.

 That's one of the main reasons why I pointed that we should have
segment on the release notes dedicated to "Students & Productivity). We
already ship the software anyway, we just need to advertise it a bit.
Applications like Evice, Open Office, Brasero and so on do fit on this
productivity context.

 And great work on the release notes, they are awesome. Like I said on
the IRC yesterday, we should also have a smaller flier for download for
not so technical people, oriented for mainstream users. Lets not do this
for F13, as we are short on time, but we can start thinking on to do it
for 14. :)

 This mail reflects a personal opinion, as always fell free to provide
your opinions, suggest improvements, etc etc etc.

 nelson