[in the news] Fedora Splits and Goes Faster

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 18:21:14 UTC 2010

On 02/24/2010 01:04 PM, Kara Schiltz wrote:
> LinuxPlanet
> 2/23/10
>
> Fedora Splits and Goes Faster
> By Sean Michael Kerner
>
> The bleeding edge of Red Hat's Fedora Linux community has long been the
> branch of Fedora code known as Rawhide. New contributions land in
> Rawhide first, marking the tip of new Linux development for Fedora,
> though activity there slows down during Fedora release cycles.
>
> As a result of a new move taken by Fedora developers this month,
> however, Rawhide is evolving to ensure that even when new Fedora
> releases are coming, the bleeding edge of Linux development won't grind
> to a halt.
>
> Full post:
> http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6989/1/

Thanks, Kara!

Question to the list: What's the ideal way to communicate this sort of
news to the broader public?

* a Fedora Insight article? (/me looks at zikula - moving along, moving
along...)
* should it have been a Talking Point?
* are the current mailing list/Planet discussions enough (in other
words, "everyone who should know about this is already reading the
places it's discussed in"?)
* should we mention it in the F13 video?
* etc.

--Mel