ESOMAR Code

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Sat Feb 27 03:44:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 22:16 -0500, Mel Chua wrote:
> >   I would like to share this with the list. This is the ESOMAR code.
> >
> >   http://www.esomar.org/index.php/codes-guidelines.html
>
> Thanks, Nelson - this is very useful, and has a lot of good things to
> consider. For folks like me who didn't know what the ESOMAR code was
> before reading the link, it's a (relatively short and quite
> well-phrased, actually) set of ethical considerations that market
> researchers should adhere to when doing their work - sort of a
> Hippocratic oath for marketing research.
>
> The biggest implication I can see for the work we do is the data privacy
> aspect - we want to be open about our processes, but how open do we want
> to be about the data people give us, and how can we communicate whatever
> choice we make for each survey clearly to the survey-takers?

Any survey or questionnaire starts always by explaining the interviewed
the conditions and the privacy rules. We have to make them for each
survey. I have some documentation regarding this, gonna share it once I
translate it.

I will start deploying some  documentation on
http://nmarques.fedorapeople.org/ after I translate it.

By the way, a suggestion, can we place a small request to our artists
for a Fedora Marketing Group logo? Do we need permission from sponsors
or anyone else on the organization?

Do we have templates available for presentations and documents?

Nelson.