Self-Introduction: Neville Cross

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Fri Jan 1 23:32:40 UTC 2010

On 12/30/2009 05:35 PM, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> *  Full legal name
> Neville Alberto Cross Vogl, but as stated on subject will suffice.

Welcome, Neville! It's great to see you in Marketing - I've been
admiring your work in Ambassadors for quite some time. I just sponsored
you for the FAS group.

>      * What do you want to talk about?
> - Applications: There is a lot of software in Fedora repos that is
> useful and is not promoted. Non technical people does not see the
> beauty on the OS, they look for a tool to solve a task. I want to say
> to every one that Fedora has those tools.

> -more ordinary people tales using Fedora. Show that you don't need to
> know every byte of Fedora to be able to use and contribute.

Ooh - you might be interested in a project Sakis Asamaras is heading up,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_stories.

>      * Anything else you'd like to do?
> - Share my experience dealing with local newspapers, so we can
> increase world wide media hits.
> - Help improve fedora distribution program.

Kara mentioned she was looking for thoughts on international PR strategy
- https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_news_distribution_network_(NDN)
might be a good thing to look at as well.

Are there any Marketing projects you've seen that you'd like to get
involved with, or any projects you're already doing that you'd like to
add Marketing-fu to? It sounds like you might be able to teach us quite
a bit about Marketing as well. ;)

--Mel