Self-Introduction: Neville Cross

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 01:34:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 12/30/2009 05:35 PM, Neville A. Cross wrote:
>>
>> *  Full legal name
>> Neville Alberto Cross Vogl, but as stated on subject will suffice.
>
> Welcome, Neville! It's great to see you in Marketing - I've been admiring
> your work in Ambassadors for quite some time. I just sponsored you for the
> FAS group.

I feel under the spot light, I hope I can keep up. Thanks for sponsoring me.

>>     * What do you want to talk about?
>> - Applications: There is a lot of software in Fedora repos that is
>> useful and is not promoted. Non technical people does not see the
>> beauty on the OS, they look for a tool to solve a task. I want to say
>> to every one that Fedora has those tools.
>
>> -more ordinary people tales using Fedora. Show that you don't need to
>> know every byte of Fedora to be able to use and contribute.
>
> Ooh - you might be interested in a project Sakis Asamaras is heading up,
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_stories.

I have come across this, but forgot. I will contact Sakis, and try to
add a couple of articles to this initiative.

>>     * Anything else you'd like to do?
>> - Share my experience dealing with local newspapers, so we can
>> increase world wide media hits.
>> - Help improve fedora distribution program.
>
> Kara mentioned she was looking for thoughts on international PR strategy -
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_news_distribution_network_(NDN) might
> be a good thing to look at as well.

Yes, this may be a good challenge. Another thing to write some
ideas/experiences.

> Are there any Marketing projects you've seen that you'd like to get involved
> with, or any projects you're already doing that you'd like to add
> Marketing-fu to? It sounds like you might be able to teach us quite a bit
> about Marketing as well. ;)
>
> --Mel

I don't have any specific project on mind. I will collaborate with
your suggestions as starting point. I will love to have some
mentor-ship to guide me on where I can put my efforts at work.

Thanks for your warm welcome.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217