Fedora-tour idea

Athanasios E. Samaras ath.samaras at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 16:59:15 UTC 2010

Maybe a simple list of the new and exciting features sorted by user profile
(desktop users/ engineers/ gamers / mobile devices/etc) and then a link per
chapter so that the user may access more info should he/she desire.
After all, every s/w house needs users as final testers, otherwise it is not
possible to provide any kind of quality or improvements.
Fedora asks for contributors. This is something the community does by
definition, so it is no one to blame, all distros need their users to point
them to some direction. It is normal.
As about the implementation of the "more info" most probably we (from
marketing team) should help the development teams to produce end-user type
material (I bet they already have produced technical documentation) based on
the existing documentation.
Then we can test the content with the help of non-technical persons (I was
thinking about my wife and a couple of friends) based on their interest, and
finally add the required final touches.

Sakis Samaras