Fwd: [Ambassadors] DIY booklets for better info delivery

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 05:50:09 UTC 2010

IRC convo in #fedora-mktg, and (immediately afterwards) Justin's
resulting email to Ambassadors; good example of how Ambassadors and
Marketing can work together.

---

18:20:59 < Southern_Gentlem> a trifold brochure explaining the fedora
project and a f13 features i am guessing
18:21:21 < mchua> Southern_Gentlem: would that be something like
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_one_page_release_notes but laid
out in trifold brochure form?
18:21:39 < Southern_Gentlem> something easily to make and hand out to
people at events and othewise
18:22:01 < Southern_Gentlem> mchua,  thats something we can discuss in
the FAD
18:22:42 < mchua> Southern_Gentlem: pop it on the wiki page so we can
make sure it's on the agneda
18:22:44 < mchua> er, agenda
18:23:15 < mchua> My guess is that we'll be doing a hard look at the
deliverables we produce and whether they're the right ones, so that fits
right in.
18:24:32 < threethirty> why couldnt that be a DIY thing? get the artwork
team to make a cool looking PDF and then someone (somepeople)  could
just print them
18:24:45 < threethirty> it would be like the free media thing
18:25:45 < mchua> Yeah, there's a distinction between
18:25:57 < mchua> (1) media the Marketing team *must* make each release,
and needs to be directly responsible for
18:26:01 < mchua> (for instance, talking points)
18:26:04 < mchua> s/media/deliverables
18:26:29 < mchua> (2) deliverables that could be made each release, but
which the Marketing team doesn't need to be directly responsible
for (i.e. "if someone wants to make it, great, if not, ok")
18:26:52 < mchua> similarly, I don't think there's anything the
Marketing team needs to *physically* produce.
18:27:33 < mchua> the way I'd see it is that if an Ambassador wants
media to take to an event, they would ask their regional Ambassador
coordinators for budget and coordinate the physical production of the
digital materials produced by Marketing and Design.
18:27:53  * inode0 agrees
18:28:13 < mchua> Southern_Gentlem, threethirty: does this make sense? I
do think you're right and that this needs to be brought up / clarified
at the FAD or earlier
18:28:36 < mchua> threethirty: and your analogy to Free Media is right on.
18:29:08 < inode0> I want marketing to help generate great content,
ambassadors can do the production itself
18:29:53 < inode0> which might just be saying x, y, and z should be added
18:30:43 < Southern_Gentlem> mchua, link to the FAD page please
18:31:05 < threethirty> i really just want a wiki page with cool stuff
that you can download, print (or have printed), assemble, and
distribute, im working on a way to "screen" discs using stencils and
spraypaint
18:32:29 < mchua> Southern_Gentlem:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010
18:32:51 < inode0> threethirty: I don't see any reason you can't just do
that
18:34:44 < threethirty> inode0 which that :)
18:35:49 < inode0> create a wiki page and run with it
18:36:10 < threethirty> alrighty can do