Self-introduction: Aamir Aijaz Bhutto

sai ganesh ganesai at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:11:33 UTC 2010

On 01/11/2010 8:21 PM Nicu Buculei wrote

> Note he said *favorite* game, not *some* game or a *casual* game. There
> is this category of users (I am part of it) for whom a Windows PC at
> home is pretty much a game console (but with better games than an
> ordinary game console).

absolutely true i am a part of that league too.

> Unfortunately here we can't do much beyond getting an as good as
> possible Wine, is all about 3-rd party entities porting their games to
> Linux (some argue this will happen when Linux will have a large enough
> market share).
>
> --

hope the days are not far away where 3-rd party entities are releasing games
for linux. i think quake 3 is already a member of it.and what about cedega?
may that can help a little.i think this is the only area of concern for
marketing linux to students who happen to be gamers.the first thing they ask
is "can i play call of duty 4 in linux".hopefully a solution will be found
in the years to come.

s.saiganesh
“The Linux philosophy is 'Laugh in the face of danger'. Oops. Wrong One. 'Do
it yourself'. Yes, that's it