GNOME 3?

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:33:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> On 01/19/2010 02:28 AM, Neville A. Cross wrote:
>>
>> The "I am Gnome" sound like "I am Fedora" :)
>
> Are you sure both of them does not sound like "I am PC"? for reference
> see (sorry for Flash): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVMy0PFr8no

You have a point. I have said out loud and taped on video "I am
Fedora", and I haven't used "I am a PC"

> PS: I *hate* GNOME Shell as it was presented in the preview from F12
> with all my passion and hope the classic panel will remain usable for a
> while.

I found Gnome-shell amusing, it is going away from simplicity and
usability. For instance, not having a system menu make me nervous
about accessing "desktop effect" to get rid of gnome-shell. Finally I
use the search bar and it was quick. Not saying is bad, just
different. Requires a learning process. Gnome has been work oriented
and this has more bells and whistles. It is really eye catching.

I went to a Ubuntu launch party, some one get a weird setup to get
gnome-shell running (Fedora is easy). It really catch the attention of
everybody.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217