Call for Fedora 13 Test Days

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:37:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:
> I am tempted to submit test days for Fedora Insight ("can you submit an
> article through the workflow?" and "how usable/readable is the
> interface?"), and for Limesurvey ("can you figure out how to create a
> survey?")
>
> Hollering out for an initial "does this sound like a reasonable idea?"
> gauge - if there were such a Test Day, held during a time window you
> could attend, would you probably come test for an hour or so? Would you
> be interested in helping to organize/run one?
>
> I'm not going to hold anyone to this, just getting a handle on the
> interest in both areas might be.
>
> --Mel

I would like to try two things.

a) alfa/beta test day:  Invite people to a computer lab where they can
try F13 in a liveCD or a virtual install. Probably will get some
comments, bugs reports... I will have to prepare a check list for
things to try. Probably poke QA team. Will be nice to have a computer
connected to a projector  and some people from QA via IRC so we can
have more guidance. This is more geeks oriented.

So far I have secured a small lab, about 8 computers. This is a small
company, not related with universities. They are open to accomodate
our schedule. They work opensource web aplications/pages design and
view this as a oportunity to get to know people on the field.

b) Limesurvey test day: get some students from marketing/management
dealing with some research class and ask them to try limesurvey. As
this is more academic focus this will have to be on university lab. I
think I can sell the idea, but need about one week so they get back to
work.

I am not sure will be that good idea to try limesurvey on F13 alfa...
OS bug may interfere with survey testing.

I will keep posted how these things evolve.

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217