Call for Fedora 13 Test Days

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 23:28:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Neville A. Cross <nacross at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Mel Chua <mel at redhat.com> wrote:
>> I am tempted to submit test days for Fedora Insight ("can you submit an
>> article through the workflow?" and "how usable/readable is the
>> interface?"), and for Limesurvey ("can you figure out how to create a
>> survey?")
>>
>> Hollering out for an initial "does this sound like a reasonable idea?"
>> gauge - if there were such a Test Day, held during a time window you
>> could attend, would you probably come test for an hour or so? Would you
>> be interested in helping to organize/run one?
>>
>> I'm not going to hold anyone to this, just getting a handle on the
>> interest in both areas might be.
>>
>> --Mel

I am just reading again the whole idea of test day, and I am realizing
that I mistaken the example of QA with what actually was wanted to
test for Marketing.

The concept about testing Insight Flow requires more understanding of
news, probably will not be so useful to have outsider, unless they
have some experience dealing with press/media. In any case I volunteer
to review this work flow.

I any case what I got is support from one small company for accessing
his lab with some volunteers. Also I got access to a university lab
and a bunch of IT students which where happy to give something
different to try. The access to business/markeing students got swamp
in bureaucracy, they haven't figure out who has to answer my request.

I can arrange with those IT student one test day for limesurvey. We
need to agreed dates and some sort of guide for them. I may write one
test-guide if there is nothing already done. Something like do a
survey using a, b, c, type of questions. The send invites. Answer
others peoples test. Go to build your statistics.

I will try to get hold of QA team to be on the loop with test days,
because the IT students got exited with the possibility of testing
alfa/beta. Maybe I can channelize that energy into something useful
for fedora. It is worth of exploring.

Sorry for the confusion. But at least I corrected myself and I think
those contacts may be useful some how in the near future.

Best regards

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217