Jonathan Nalley: Self-Introduction

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 20:25:59 UTC 2010

On 01/25/2010 12:07 PM, Jonathan Nalley wrote:
> My name is Jonathan Nalley and i've been actively using/working with
> Fedora since Fedora 9.
>
> I live in Greenville, SC USA. I'm a Systems Engineer in the Systems
> Architecture department at NuVox: a CLEC and other IT-ish services
> provider.
>
> My goal in the project initially would be to assist Matías Kreder and
> the few others helping out with the Fedora twitter account. I've
> already been in touch with Matías and he's set me up with access to
> the account. I'll be perusing noteworthy items from the Fedora Weekly
> News, this mailing list and other sources in an effort to flagrantly
> promote and evangelize Fedora to the unwashed masses as well as those
> who want to stay up to date about the project.
>
> I would be interested in other opportunities in the Marketing group as
> they match my skill set and as my time permits.
>
> I currently run the social media outreach for the Southeast Linuxfest
> (southeastlinuxfest.org) and i've been using Twitter since December
> 2006.

Welcome, Jonathan! I've approved your membership in the marketing FAS
group - we also hang out on #fedora-mktg in freenode, and have a FAD in
Raleigh coming up (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010) if
you'd like to hop on. ;)

Do you have any notes about the social media stuff you've been doing for
SELF? I'm curious whether it's something that's easy to duplicate/deploy
for Fedora.

--Mel