Marketing Meeting Minutes 2010-01-26

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 23:53:12 UTC 2010

This week's meeting was used as a session to finalize the schedule for
the marketing FAD in March, and to attach a final list of deliverables
to each day.

Also, please note mchua's mail to the list about meeting location --
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2010-January/011616.html
We will be meeting in #fedora-mktg from now until ... well, until we
have a change, due to a conflict with the FESCo meeting. Just another
heads up!

====================
#fedora-mktg Meeting
====================

Meeting started by rbergeron at 20:05:48 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-mktg/2010-01-26/fedora-mktg.2010-01-26-20.05.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* marketing meeting  (rbergeron, 20:05:59)

* roll call  (rbergeron, 20:06:32)

* marketing fad 2010: finalizing the schedule for each day  (rbergeron,
  20:09:26)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010
    (stickster, 20:10:04)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings#Agenda
    (rbergeron, 20:10:08)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Agenda
    (rbergeron, 20:10:32)

* Day 1 - Marketing FAD  (rbergeron, 20:11:51)
  * AGREED: Neville's plan for Day 1. Deliverable: marketing plan,
    marketing goals (short / long term), discuss market research
    results.  (rbergeron, 20:27:58)

* Day 2 - Brand Book  (rbergeron, 20:28:22)
  * ACTION: mchua get Red Hatters new to f-mktg coming to FAD to
    introduce themselves, schedule availability, on mktg list  (mchua,
    20:30:51)
  * ACTION: Brand book Day - need to set out timeslots and then ask RH
    brand / marketing folks on availability  (rbergeron, 20:31:06)
  * ACTION: add to Day 2 Agenda as ongoing - wiki work around branding /
    branded materials.  (rbergeron, 20:36:00)
  * AGREED: Day 2 Schedule - settled as-is, need to add wiki work of at
    minimum having a list of things we need to add to wiki pages around
    branding, updating presentation pages, etc.  (rbergeron, 20:36:54)

* Day 3 - Interviews and Filming.  (rbergeron, 20:37:08)
  * LINK:
    http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-13/f-13-marketing-tasks.html
    (stickster, 20:40:01)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010#Agenda
    (rbergeron, 20:44:01)
  * LINK:
    http://magazine.redhat.com/2007/06/01/video-fedora-7-highlights/ <--
    San Diego video  (stickster, 20:48:04)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Contributor_podcast   (spevack,
    20:48:18)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Contributor_podcast
    (rbergeron, 20:54:34)
  * AGREED: Day 3 - interviews and filming, schedule settled as-is on
    wiki. Deliverable: MASS AMOUNTS OF VIDEO, interviewing local devs
    for feature profile videos, kick off contributor podcast interview
    chain.  (rbergeron, 20:55:07)

* Day 4 - PR Day  (rbergeron, 20:55:20)
  * Day 3 FI lunch talk - <mchua> FI discussion: "It's up - what did we
    learn, what are we doing with it,  (rbergeron, 21:01:33)
  * what do we want to do with it in the future?"  (rbergeron, 21:01:41)
  * AGREED: Day 4 PR Day  - schedule as proposed by rbergero on wiki.
    Deliverables: Press Kit (or beginnings thereof), press deliverables
    schedule, hopefully targeting multiple audiences, RH summit plan of
    attack.  (rbergeron, 21:02:34)
  * ACTION: rbergeron will clean up wiki schedule, stickster will add
    deliverables unless rbergeron beats him to it.  (rbergeron,
    21:04:27)

* Infrastructure business - Limesurvey  (rbergeron, 21:04:55)
  * rbergero still needs packagers and eyeballs and stuff, oh my!
    (rbergeron, 21:05:16)
  * LINK:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Things_to_do_to_finish_Limesurvey
    (rbergeron, 21:05:52)

* infrastrucutre business - Fedora Tour  (rbergeron, 21:07:40)

* Infrastructure - Fedora Insight  (rbergeron, 21:09:39)
  * LINK:
    http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/marketing/2010-January/011583.html
    (rbergeron, 21:11:42)
  * seems to be a general list of what's going on. at least as of last
    wednesday. if someone wants to send some more up to date info /
    calls for action / help to the list on FI, feel free :)  (rbergeron,
    21:12:18)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zikula   (rbergeron, 21:12:51)

* Anything else?  (rbergeron, 21:14:18)

Meeting ended at 21:14:57 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* mchua get Red Hatters new to f-mktg coming to FAD to introduce
  themselves, schedule availability, on mktg list
* Brand book Day - need to set out timeslots and then ask RH brand /
  marketing folks on availability
* add to Day 2 Agenda as ongoing - wiki work around branding / branded
  materials.
* rbergeron will clean up wiki schedule, stickster will add deliverables
  unless rbergeron beats him to it.

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* mchua
  * mchua get Red Hatters new to f-mktg coming to FAD to introduce
    themselves, schedule availability, on mktg list
* rbergeron
  * rbergeron will clean up wiki schedule, stickster will add
    deliverables unless rbergeron beats him to it.
* stickster
  * rbergeron will clean up wiki schedule, stickster will add
    deliverables unless rbergeron beats him to it.
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * Brand book Day - need to set out timeslots and then ask RH brand /
    marketing folks on availability
  * add to Day 2 Agenda as ongoing - wiki work around branding / branded
    materials.

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* rbergeron (184)