Survey Software

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:30:17 UTC 2010

I've been trying out the demo that they have linked on their webpage -

http://phpesp.sourceforge.net/demo/admin/manage.php

It's unbearably slow when copying / editing other tests (this may be
due to the demo being hosted / running on sourceforge, might not be
the best infrastructure setup) - and firefox has locked up on me on
two different computers trying to make a test survey.

I've been trying to get past the first screen of making a survey; i've
filled out required fields, and it's returning me to the same page.
It says I should be continuing to the "Fields" tab, but there is no
Fields tab to click on. I tried copying another survey which appears
to work (has two questions) - when I go to edit that copy, on the
questions page, it won't show the list of questions, or let me add a
new question (on the "help" page it indicates that I should have a
fillable box in which I can type things).

Anyway, it is uninspiring at the moment, but I'm going to play with it
some more. Is there any way we could get it up on a publictest
machine? (In case any problems are just "running on a machine designed
to serve up downloads and not so much demos of survey software.")  I'm
also going to try it out with some "alternate browsers" on some
"alternate operating systems" just to see if that is an issue.

I TOOOOOOOOOOOoooootally appreciate your help! Seriously. Truly. I owe
you many pwnies.

Oh, I also saw that they are looking at using pear in phpesp in the
future; it was in the list for limesurvey as well, and I'm not sure if
it was one of the "problem packages" or not.  In any case, just an FYI
in case we may be working around a problem by picking out something
else where eventually we may be facing the same problem. :)

You rock!

-Robyn