Fedora Buzz needs a new name

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 22:26:55 UTC 2010

2010/7/12, Robyn Bergeron <robyn.bergeron at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Luke Slater <tinmachin3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I've been developing Fedora Buzz but before I go much further we really
>> need
>> to come up with a new name for it because of Google having a service of
>> the
>> same name; several people have mentioned it recently.
>>
>> I can't think of anything so if we could get some sort of brainstorming
>> thread
>> going here?
>>
>> If you can't remember or don't know about the project, you can read the
>> wiki
>> page here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Buzz
>
> What about... Fedora Hive? Beekeeper? (I like the buzz theme... we can
> sort of keep that notion, but change it a bit.)

I love the sound of "Hive"!

Thinking of planets and all, if you want to measure "impact" and
movement of certain things, something around earthquakes might be fun.
Words like seismic, seismo(graph), epicenter, etc come to mind.

And the weather on a planet can be seen as mood, so maybe something to
do with climate, strato/atmosphere, barometers, etc.

Just throwing ideas out there. :)

Jef