Press release workflow for Fedora Marketing stuff

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Jun 2 16:51:11 UTC 2010

Hi, Kara!

I know you're swamped with Fedora 13 press and even more so with the
Summit coming up right now, but to put this on your radar for
afterwards, when the Fedora PR process is still fresh in your mind...

We'd like to work out a press release workflow for Fedora Marketing/PR
between the Fedora Marketing team and you (and Red Hat PR in general) -
it seems like this already started happening with feature profiles for
F13, which is fantastic.

Here's the way I'm currently framing my thinking about a minimal
workflow, for each release:

* What materials should we get/make you (how is that list determined?)
* By what date / how far in advance?
* And where are you able to send them out (and how much can/should we
help determine that?)
* How regularly would you like us to check in regarding this? (Should we
be doing a weekly ping, a monthly ping, a ping for every deliverable
we'd like to push to the press?)

Basically, I see this as getting the existing workflow out of Paul's
head and Max's head and yours, and documented somewhere the rest of the
team can start looking in and helping with. ;) I think we've got US
press wonderfully covered already (thank you for all your work on this,
btw - it's amazing to see the articles keep coming), but if we write
down the workflow for that, perhaps we can see about how the community
can help it scale out internationally as well.

Thanks,

--Mel

PS: The applicable Marketing ticket is
https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/84.