Twitter update

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 12:21:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 09:56:45PM +0530, Hiemanshu Sharma wrote:
>    Hey,
>
>    What I feel is we should just create a new FAS group for this, something
>    like, socialmedia(or what ever name we might end up choosing), and make it
>    a invite only group.With it we will get an email alias such as
>    <fas-group-name>-[1]members at fp.org, so we have two things done at once, 1)
>    No one from outside can subscribe to it, 2) Avoid setting up an extra
>    mailing list. And as for the first tweet, we should probably send one out
>    right now (Something like : Get some love! <link to download page>).
>
>    Just my 2p.

Good point, I put a starter tweet out there.

One additional thing that occurred to me is that the Red Hat Summit
staff already knows about, and will be promoting, the @fedora_linux
feed.  I'm interested in making sure our timing is right for the
transition.  We have over 7,500 followers on @fedora_linux, and
ideally we want every single one of them to follow @fedora (and more).

Would we want to wait until after the Summit, so that we don't create
confusion?  And take that time to plan our strategy for how to get
people to follow the new account?