SWOT update

nelson marques nmo.marques at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 16:20:12 UTC 2010

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SWOT

Brief Description:

1. Introduction > should display the following information:
  # What is a SWOT
  # Goals of a SWOT
  # Methodology

2. SWOT Analysis.
2.1 Internal Environment > Factors that fully controlable by the Fedora
Project management. Will be splitted into Strengths and Weaknesses and
evaluated under the 5M Methodology: Men, Means, Methods, Machines,
Measurables.

2.2 External Analysis > Unlike the Internal Analysis, this factors are not
under the management control and are mainly things we can react upon.
Provides Threats and Opportunities, evaluated under 4 topics:
 - Political and Legal Factors
 - Social and Demographic Factors
 - Technological Factors
 - Economical Factors
I've taken the liberty of adding "Comparative Analysis" to provide in-depth
information.

3. Marketing Mix > This is not a typical part of a SWOT, but it is important
on this context and will help later for the production of the Marketing
Plan, as the Marketing Mix is for sure one of it's requirements. The
relevance of such information qualifies in my scope for this type of
document.

Goals with this document:

1. Provide a solid basis for future documents and define it's methodology so
that later on people can take it easilly and understand the concept behind a
SWOT.

2. Provide a real workable document and a more serious approach into Fedora
Project.

Personal note: I've established 48 hours to myself to accomplish this. Given
the rich contents we have and some other ideas that came along while typing
what is already done, I've decided to abandon any schedule, instead just go
working it out.

nelson

nelson

--