Looking at the marketing plans and strategies of other communities....

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Jun 9 00:31:24 UTC 2010

>> (Incidentally, if you haven't seen the User Base information, I
>> encourage you to do so: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_base .  I
>> was also looking for the page that has the user base triangle diagram
>> - does anyone know where that is?)
>
> It turned into a circle,
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Poelstra/What_is_a_target_audience

One of the things I'm not sure is clarifiable (I may be nitpicking) -
it's not necessarily that the groups closer to the center (as currently
labeled) are more skilled/dedicated to contributing to Fedora than the
ones on the outside. For instance, a kernel dev who uses Fedora (but
otherwise doesn't contribute) has arguably less of an impact on the
project as a whole than, say, a dedicated FAmSCo member, and is not
necessarily as skilled (for instance, a brand new kernel-dev vs an
experienced docs lead.

Again, I may be nitpicking - just want to make sure that we're not
mixing up "type/domain of contribution" with either skill or dedication,
and that it's clear what scale the diagram refers to.

--Mel