SEO / Homepage Keyword Optimization

Garland Binns gbinns at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 13 20:39:37 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Now that F13 has been released, I'd like to rehash the subject of SEO on the
homepage.

As previously stated, the homepage is currently efficiently optimized for
the term Fedora and Fedora Project, but no keywords beyond this. The keyword
"Linux" is used on average* *55.6 Million in keyword searches globally on
Google each month. We could increase our exposure by also optimizing the
homepage for this term. One of the core changes I would recommend in order
to take advantage of this is to add the word "Linux" to the Title tag of the
homepage. Currently, it is "Fedora Project" - does any object to changing
the title tag to "Fedora Project | Linux" in an effort to increase our page
ranking and exposure to the larger Linux demographic?

Here is more information on Keyword Optimization and why it is important:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Keyword_optimization

Sincerely,
Garland
--
Garland Binns: Fedora Project Contributor
Email: gbinns at fedoraproject.org | GPG: 236ABB13