Microblog content

wonderer wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Wed Jun 16 16:38:54 UTC 2010

Am 16.06.2010 17:55, schrieb nelson marques:
> I've started something some days ago:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/support_anonymously
>
> The idea behind this is to point a document for users who want to
> support us in an anonymously way, how?
I have more the question "why should we have this?"
because one of your foundations is "friends" which implys that you have
contact to one another ... in person! No anonymity is needed here.
Also there are several other problems with anonymity in consens of
marketing so we should not use this.

> Going after the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) concepts, there are
> two things that are awesome, one of them is that the number of links
> of the web contributes to this concept (at least on google). The
> higher the number the links you have on the internet to your website,
> it will improve page ranking.
I think this are lets say outdated believing that are in the SEO scene
;-) because it will not work with SWOT, because it is not measurable. I
think with good prepared and placed marketing we can accomplish much
more as with quick & dirty "guerrilla marketing strategies". I do not
think that THAT is the fedora-way. I say not that I'm against it, but it
is the wrong way to want to implement it so globally. For e.g. a single
campaign it CAN be a tool, shure.
I think it would be much better to explain the project to others then
simply say "you can support us. klick here. do that. all is fine".

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer at fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6  3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0