Microblog content

nelson marques nmo.marques at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 17:10:41 UTC 2010

Anonymous because I might not want to get involved in Fedora directly, but I
can still support the Project's goals and help without giving my face for
it.

According to some older information that you can search on the list, someone
placed up that only around 10% of the people who use Fedora contribute
activelly to the Project. Why don't the other 90% do? Giving 'face' has been
talked as one of the reasons, as starting up ramps. So it does make all
sense to me to approach it as 'anonymous' because thats one of the reasons
pointed. Some people might not want to give face... but they can still help.

As for the rest, isn't there a SEO project on-going? This helps, having a
higher number of links pointing to the project page. Someone who knows the
Google ways can probably confirm the relevance of this in therms of ranking,
not just keyword density.

2010/6/16 Luke Slater <tinmachin3 at gmail.com>

> On 16 June 2010 17:38, wonderer <wonderer4711 at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Am 16.06.2010 17:55, schrieb nelson marques:
> >> I've started something some days ago:
> >8 snip
> >
> > mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
> > Henrik Heigl - wonderer at fedoraproject.org
> >
> > PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6  3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0
> >

> > --
>
> I don't really see how adding a link to your blog is supporting it
> anonymously, surely that's publicising that you want to support the
> project? :-)
>
> Perhaps what we should be looking into is creating something like
> http://www.spreadfirefox.com/ which is an extremely effective tool for
> them.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --