Identi.ca account

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Fri Jun 18 20:45:22 UTC 2010

On Fri 18 June 2010 8:55:29 am Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 07:31:02PM -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Unfortunately it's would destroy the threading. I was just wondering
> > > if there was some way we could have shared access to the XMPP format
> > > of posting. That would be ideal.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> >
> > What about OpenID urls for login? We could have everyone in
> > fedora-socialmedia provide their OpenID urls, which would be associated
> > with the account. Then all they have to do is log in with that via the
> > webui. Of course, as Fedora doesn't provide an OpenID login (hmmmm, RFE
> > anyone? :) ) mechanism, this could be difficult (I currently am using my
> > wordpress account as an OpenID provider, but want to move to providing
> > OpenID for myself; what happens when I change providers? What about
> > members without an openid provider?)
>
> That's a great idea Ryan!
>
> The only trouble I'm having is that I can't enter an OpenID url
> without confirming it in the browser by actually logging into FAS.
> Kind of a chicken and egg problem!
>
> I'll see if I can get StatusNet to simply enter as "confirmed" the
> list of fedora-socialmedia members' OpenID urls.

This is true, I hadn't considered that... Maybe we can reach some sort of
agreement with them. Though, couldn't that also be done on our end? I'm not
completely sure how openid works, but it seems like it should be possible to
do that sort of thing on our end, through the infra team.

If not, hopefully Evan will be able to help us

Ryan

--
Ryan Rix
== http://rix.si/page/contact/ if you need a word         ==