Social Media and Language

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Sun Jun 20 23:11:05 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 6:57 PM, Luke Slater <tinmachin3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I said I was going to write up my thoughts about how we should tackle
> language in our microblogging and I've posted it to my blog
> here: http://bit.ly/aCzqby
> I hope this encourages some further discussion on the topic :-)
> Thanks a lot,
> --
> Luke Slater
> :O)

Hi Luke:

Your point is well taken.
I am concerned however, that our efforts with social
media/microblogging are still pretty fledgling, and as of a few weeks
ago we are still having problems getting an appropriate and on-message
flow of content going out in English. I am worried that growing the
number of messengers up front will cause more of those problems.
I don't disagree that we eventually should grow to communicating in
languages other than English, I am just not sure given the resources
and experience currently available to us if we are quite ready to bite
that much off. It's a good goal to aspire to though.

David