Brainstorming - A more representative name for Fedora Summer of Code

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Jun 21 02:28:37 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 08:31:49PM -0600, Clint Savage wrote:
> > * FISH? (Fedora Interning Students Helping)
>
> +1
>
> Seems very appropriate since that's really what it's all about.
> Teaching them, and not doing for them.

I have a concern about acronyms that include Fedora in the cleverness,
as tempting as it is.  For example, my FUDCon shirts do not feature
the Fedora brand -- they have a FUDCon sub-logo instead.  This is good
for the FUDCon brand, but not as much for the Fedora brand.

Fedora FISH, for example, could it.  Bonus if we can get a double
acronym that is nice to work with - Fedora ISH, or something, but
sounds kind of dorky. :)

What think ye, fellow marketing-minded folks?  Should we avoid things
that make acronyms that disguise the Fedora name?

Another option is to go in a different direction from clever acronyms:

Fedora University
Fedora College
College of Fedora
Fedora Tree of Knowledge