Introduction: Colin Zwiebel

Colin Zwiebel colin at zonion.org
Mon Mar 8 16:23:50 UTC 2010

Hi, my name is *Colin Zwiebel* and I live in *Needham, MA* (near Boston). My
Fedora Account System (FAS) username is *computercolin*, and my IRC nick is
*computercolin*.

I learned about the Fedora Marketing team through *Mel Chua, *and am
interested in joining because *I love OSS, would like it to expand with
average users, and am interested in seeing how it is being marketed*.

I worked last year on OLPC for a period of time, organizing a Jam-style
event. Though I've used many Linux variants, and submit bug reports
regularly, this is my first time really contributing to a FOSS community.

This is the first Marketing project I have worked on!

My skills, which I hope to utilize in Fedora Marketing, include:

(Marketing Skills) - _Graphics, event organization_
(Other Skills) - _web-application development_
I'd also like to learn *strategy and big picturing thinking*.
When I'm not working on Fedora, I am *playing at F. W. Olin College of
Engineering*.

A couple of goals I have for the Fedora Project are
*reach more "average" users and*
*Better inspire hackers and developers to create great OSS software*.

I would also like to see
*Fedora and OSS in general become a more natural community for young
tech-oriented people to join (IE, the Facebook generation)*

I am wondering about
*the focus of F13 and how this gets set*
*how projects are organized within Fedora, who designers, developers,
leaders interact.*

If you have any tips for exploring the community, let me know!

Colin
http://zonion.org