prep for Marketing FAD

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 03:25:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 04:52:46PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> I added a bit to PR day in the afternoon - threw in a bit about how to
> "better harness social networking" (I feel like I should put on a suit
> and tie after that sentence, whew!).  I'd also like for stickster or
> someone more knowing than myself to cover the whole
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Link_tracking that we have going on -
> specifically, the part where we actually look at where our referrals
> are coming from, what plan of action we might take in the future as a
> result, etc.

I will be happy to take ownership of that issue.  Specifically I'm
thinking of:

* how to educate all the members of the Marketing team for a
  consistent SOP and approach for F13 Beta and GA

* what sort of measurements we might want from the logs

* how we can use that information to influence the list of materials
  we produce in the Marketing team

For instance, if we find that a large proportion of our clicks to
download are coming from one document we produce for a release, and
very few from another, we might want to use that information to decide
to dig deeper into numbers of actual wiki/web page visits.  If we
found that the second page actually got very few visits, we could
re-evaluate whether we want to keep producing it, or whether we should
revamp the way it's used or linked to.