Mumble

wonderer wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Sat Mar 13 21:34:52 UTC 2010

Hy there,

I also did a while back some research for some kind of audio-solution
for Interviewing people. So, podcasting could be much more easier. The
thing (mostly) is that the talking-partner has to set up a kind of
program and that you often not know how good he or she is in setting up
all kinds of audio thingys, etc.
What I found so far can be found at
http://www.braincache.de/wp/2009/08/28/conferencing-tools/
Paul also pointed me at that time to fedoratalk wich we maybe also could
stream (did not look for conference-room ability's), but I do not know
about the requirements for the Server if we rum up to like 10-20 remote
participants.
I'm not so comfortable with that mumble thing, because it looks pretty
much like a "normal" enduser VOIP client and not so much for streaming,
conferencing and also recording tool. but maybe there is a testserver
anywhere out there you can test it and we see if and how it works.

mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Henrik Heigl - wonderer at fedoraproject.org

PGP/GnuPG: 8237 D432 0616 D567 DBC6  3FE3 0D52 B374 F468 A5F0