F13 (and onward) default bookmarks

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Mon Mar 15 21:43:42 UTC 2010

On 03/15/2010 02:14 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 17:02 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> One of the things we noticed in the Marketing FAD is that Fedora doesn't
>> have a standardized process for keeping the default bookmarks that we
>> ship in fedora-bookmarks.rpm updated.
>>
>> I've taken the liberty of cleaning up the following page, which hadn't
>> been touched in several releases:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Bookmarks
>>
>> I'd like to get the following issues sorted out:
>>
>> (1) The format in which the fedora-bookmarks package owner (Matthias)
>> would like the bookmarks for any given release to be delivered.  Is what
>> I've done ok, or would you prefer something else?
>
> I am the owner ? Surprise. I'd be very happy to give that up to someone
> who has the bandwidth to keep this package up-to-date. If marketing
> wants to play an active role there, feel free to take this over.
>
> I don't think I have ever touched the package, really. In the past,
> caillon was involved with bookmark stuff.

Yeah, I wonder how that got assigned to Matthias.  Every other release
in pkgdb shows it as me, and I'm pretty sure I haven't ever tried
assigning it to anyone other than in marketing.

Max, is there a better person to maintain this?  I'm okay with co-owing
and helping out the new maintainer, but I probably shouldn't be the
primary owner.

For the time being though, I can make the change if this is what
marketing's agreed on.

Let me know.