F13 (and onward) default bookmarks

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Tue Mar 16 01:01:14 UTC 2010

On 03/15/2010 02:53 PM, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, Max Spevack wrote:
>
>> I assume that from a package ownership point of view, this is
>> virtually trivial? Is there *anything* difficult about integrating
>> this package into the rest of Firefox & the distro, or is it really
>> basically the easiest package in all of Fedora to own, and could be
>> taken off of your hands entirely, thus freeing you of this
>> every-now-and-then ping?
>
> Here's an actual question:
>
> When I took the fedora-bookmarks.html page and removed some stale ones
> and added some new ones, I didn't worry about any of the metadata that
> went with the bookmarks.
>
> Compare:
>
> <DT><A HREF="http://fedoraproject.org/" ADD_DATE="1158286779"
> LAST_VISIT="1176675005" LAST_MODIFIED="1176675285" LAST_CHARSET="UTF-8"
> ID="rdf:#$c7+Ar2">Fedora Project</A>
> <DD>Home of the Fedora Project.
>
> Versus:
>
> <DT><A HREF="http://opensource.com/">OpenSource.com</A>
> <DD>Open Source applied to the world.
>
> How much does the metadata matter?

Man, good question.  I think that it might be required per the actual
spec, but I don't know how much it matters in practice.  Anyway, it's
pretty easy to do things the way I outlined in my last mail, so I
typically just do it that way which adds all the needed tags, though I
do have to manually strip out the ICON ones...