Marketing meeting minutes 2010-03-18

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 21:12:51 UTC 2010

http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-03-18/fedora-meeting-1.2010-03-18-20.02.html

Just some non-minutes highlights: Marketing FAD Summary will be going
out soon.  If you signed up for any tasks, you'll be hearing about
them soon; once the FAD summary is finalized (Thanks mel!) Robyn will
be adding things to trac, assigning owners who have volunteered,
kicking off various things, and looking for volunteers for unowned
deliverables.  In short, a lot of things to plow through.

If you didn't know about the marketing FAD, or you want to catch up on
how it went - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010 has all
the goodness.

Features Profiles have been kicked off - people have taken ownership
of the various interviews we are doing.  That doesn't mean that we can
do more; if there is something you'd like to cover, let us know on the
mailing list!

Mel is going to be working with Allegheny students over the next 2
weeks - should be a good opportunity for us to get them to work on
some of our task list items.

Thanks for coming!

-Robyn

Meeting started by rbergeron at 20:02:13 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2010-03-18/fedora-meeting-1.2010-03-18-20.02.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* Agenda  (rbergeron, 20:04:41)
  * LINK: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings   (rbergeron,
    20:05:01)

* Marketing FAD 2010 - followup  (rbergeron, 20:07:03)
  * LINK: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_FAD_2010   (rbergeron,
    20:07:34)
  * ACTION: mchua to send out FAD Summary wiki link - this should cover
    what we did, accomplished, and task items that came out of the
    meeting  (rbergeron, 20:09:13)
  * ACTION: rbergeron to add task items to trac, and start discussions
    as appropriate... and follow up with email to the marketing list.
    (rbergeron, 20:09:35)
  * ACTION: Add to next week's marketing meeting agenda - ensure that
    all wiki items / tasks / etc. have been followed up on, documented
    (rbergeron, 20:11:44)
  * ACTION: rbergeron to go through that list and double check she or
    someone followed up on everything, and get owners at next tuesdya's
    meeting for any leftover / unvolunteered items  (rbergeron,
    20:12:11)
  * next time, when going for giant deliverables, talk with experts in
    that field who've made such deliverables before to help scope out
    the plan of action beforehand.  (mchua, 20:15:08)
  * ACTION: add to future FAD ideas list (if we have that, i'll figure
    something out) - talk with experts about the things we want to
    accomplish for realisty check  (rbergeron, 20:15:16)
  * ACTION: rbergeron to set up meeting after next tuesday marketing
    meeting for prioritizing task list, NOT a regular marketing meeting
    - will be a one-off.  (rbergeron, 20:16:13)
  * ACTION: consider target date for next FAD... document somewhere. we
    should consider timing with cycle.  (rbergeron, 20:16:52)

* Feature profiles  (rbergeron, 20:17:02)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing#Release_deliverables
    (mchua, 20:18:05)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:F13_in-depth_features
    (stickster, 20:18:18)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_profiles   (mchua,
    20:18:19)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_profiles   (mchua,
    20:18:23)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:In-depth_features
    (mchua, 20:18:30)
  * AGREED: the name of the deliverable is "Feature profiles"  (mchua,
    20:22:09)
  * ACTION: mchua to redirect wiki stuff for consistency on "feature
    profiles"  (rbergeron, 20:22:26)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Feature_profiles_SOP   (mchua,
    20:22:50)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:F13_in-depth_features
    (mchua, 20:23:32)
  * ACTION: stickster to look into how much traction / hits podcast
    feature profile from last cycle got  (rbergeron, 20:32:09)
  * ACTION: determine whether it is bringing people in / really popular
    (rbergeron, 20:32:27)
  * ACTION: robyn to take HW enablements feature profile  (rbergeron,
    20:33:24)
  * ACTION: mchua to take python feature profile  (mchua, 20:34:23)
  * ACTION: mchua find remaining feature profiles (boot.fp.o, btrfs)
    writers.  (mchua, 20:36:26)
  * ACTION: stickster to take boot.fedoraproject.org feature profile
    (mchua, 20:37:45)
  * ACTION: ke4qqq to send initial mails on podcast of btrfs feature
    profile  (rbergeron, 20:42:11)
  * ACTION: ke4qqq and rbergeron to figure out the rest of the btrfs
    process  (rbergeron, 20:42:51)
  * ACTION: rbergeron to invite spin groups to use SOPs to do their own
    feature profiles, talking points, etc.  (rbergeron, 20:45:25)
  * ACTION: mchua clean up talking points and feature profiles SOPs so
    that spin groups can do exactly that  (mchua, 20:45:43)
  * we need an easy way to find out where to contact spins - if that's
    not spins.fedoraproject.org, it should be  (mchua, 20:46:10)
  * LINK: http://spins.fedoraproject.org/   (rbergeron, 20:46:12)
  * IDEA: spins.fp.o redesign profile story  (mchua, 20:47:40)

* Give Work To People, Yay  (mchua, 20:48:32)
  * LINK:
    http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-fad/2010-03-14/fedora-fad.2010-03-14-13.41.html
    (mchua, 20:50:34)
  * mchua looking for good "new contributor" tasks for college students
    to do  (mchua, 20:50:47)
  * LINK:
    http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-fad/2010-03-14/fedora-fad.2010-03-14-13.41.html
    (mchua, 20:53:44)
  * IDEA: get students to write feature profile esque things  (mchua,
    20:54:42)
  * IDEA: get students to do wiki cleanup  (mchua, 20:54:46)
  * list of allegheny students stuff is captured on link here
    (rbergeron, 20:59:13)
  * LINK:
    http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-fad/2010-03-14/fedora-fad.2010-03-14-13.41.html
    (rbergeron, 20:59:19)
  * ACTION: mchua get Allegheny profs into Marketing and Design teams
    respectively  (mchua, 20:59:28)
  * ACTION: robyn to dump statistics brainstorm from dinnertime at FAD
    into [[statistics 2.0]]  (rbergeron, 21:00:29)

Meeting ended at 21:01:50 UTC.

Action Items
------------
[...]

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* ke4qqq
  * ke4qqq to send initial mails on podcast of btrfs feature profile
  * ke4qqq and rbergeron to figure out the rest of the btrfs process
* mchua
  * mchua to send out FAD Summary wiki link - this should cover what we
    did, accomplished, and task items that came out of the meeting
  * mchua to redirect wiki stuff for consistency on "feature profiles"
  * mchua to take python feature profile
  * mchua find remaining feature profiles (boot.fp.o, btrfs) writers.
  * mchua clean up talking points and feature profiles SOPs so that spin
    groups can do exactly that
  * mchua get Allegheny profs into Marketing and Design teams
    respectively
* rbergeron
  * rbergeron to add task items to trac, and start discussions as
    appropriate... and follow up with email to the marketing list.
  * rbergeron to go through that list and double check she or someone
    followed up on everything, and get owners at next tuesdya's meeting
    for any leftover / unvolunteered items
  * rbergeron to set up meeting after next tuesday marketing meeting for
    prioritizing task list, NOT a regular marketing meeting - will be a
    one-off.
  * ke4qqq and rbergeron to figure out the rest of the btrfs process
  * rbergeron to invite spin groups to use SOPs to do their own feature
    profiles, talking points, etc.
* stickster
  * stickster to look into how much traction / hits podcast feature
    profile from last cycle got
  * stickster to take boot.fedoraproject.org feature profile
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * Add to next week's marketing meeting agenda - ensure that all wiki
    items / tasks / etc. have been followed up on, documented
  * add to future FAD ideas list (if we have that, i'll figure something
    out) - talk with experts about the things we want to accomplish for
    realisty check
  * consider target date for next FAD... document somewhere. we should
    consider timing with cycle.
  * determine whether it is bringing people in / really popular
  * robyn to take HW enablements feature profile
  * robyn to dump statistics brainstorm from dinnertime at FAD into
    [[statistics 2.0]]

People Present (lines said)
* rbergeron (208)
* mchua (196)