SystemTap podcast numbers

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 16:27:39 UTC 2010

At yesterday's weekly meeting I said I would look up the statistics
from the podcast I did for the F12 release on SystemTap features.  We
had about 750 downloads from about 150 unique IP addresses for that
podcast.

I would estimate I spent about 6-8 hours total on creating it,
including the interview, editing, and helping write the press blog
around it.  If doing one again, I would measure it as being successful
if I could at lesat double that number.  If not, I'd be disinclined to
do another for the F14 cycle.

One of the steps we should take now is finding out the venues where we
can publish these podcasts for highest visibility in the interim until
Insight is ready to handle offering them.  Anyone producing one of
these should expect them, once approved/posted, to show up in searches
on various popular podcast directories.