F13 (and onward) default bookmarks

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Tue Mar 23 03:04:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Christopher Aillon wrote:
>
>> Work quickly!  Beta freeze is Tuesday.
>
> Hey Chris,
>
> Take a look here:
>
>        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Bookmarks
>
> I've got a link on that page (and below as [1]) to the updated
> default-bookmarks.html and the updated spec file.  You can give the spec
> file a sanity check (I bumped version & release, added changelog), and
> then hopefully get the package updated for the beta freeze.
>
> I'd like to revisit the formal ownership of the package post F13.  For
> the moment, I just want to get the updated file in.
>
> Thanks for your help, and shout if I've screwed something up.
>
> --Max
>
> [1] http://mspevack.fedorapeople.org/fedora-13-bookmarks/

This is one reason that I think that marketing (and most other groups
within Fedora) need some people who pick up packaging on the side.
Docs had a similar experience and simply handed things like Release
Notes over the wall to people like Jesse Keating to get included.
There are now several packagers within the group and they handle this
themselves.
Taking ownership of the entire process is a good thing, long term IMO.
It also doesn't hurt to lean a bit more about another facet of Fedora.