Fedora 13 Release and Communication

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Thu Mar 25 12:48:59 UTC 2010

> I was also interested in starting to tweet a lot about the F13
> features[2] and any other talking points[3] that weren't just
> features.  However, I came to learn that there's reportedly a series
> of podcasts about to come out along the same lines and thought I
> should wait until those come out so we could link to those as part of
> the tweets/dents, etc...

One of the things we're going to need to figure out early on is how to
manage these accounts - there are two parts to that, (1) authentication
management (more technical) and (2) content moderation (more
publication-workflow-ish).

Regarding the first: right now the login info is passed from individual
to individual and it's not clear how that happens and it's a single
point of failure which is dangerous. I wonder if there's a way to use
FAS groups to control access to social networking accounts (FAS accounts
to access some tool that can wrangle multiple microblogging accounts? I
think this is what Hiemanshu and Ryan may be working on with
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Identigator) - just thinking out loud
here, but we need a way of dealing with "what if our primary twitter
maintainer gets hit by a raptor?"

Regarding the second: what are the guidelines for what gets tweeted, and
who pushes them? Having someone simply step up and say "I take
responsibility for this, and the stuff I tweet will be the stuff that
gets tweeted, because as the person doing the work I decide how the work
gets done" is a perfectly fine start - and then over time we can figure
out how that person can teach others the judgement criteria he/she is
using to figure out what to write about. (We have done the first one in
the past, we haven't done a good job of supporting the second).

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_social_networks#Twitter

Which reminds me. Matias, are you reading this list? We're talking about
Twitter. ;)

> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_social_networks
> [2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/13/FeatureList
> [3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points

Fantastic. Thanks for taking this on, Jonathan!