Self Diagnose - Communication & Personality

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Sat Mar 27 19:00:44 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 14:52 -0400, David Nalley wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Nelson Marques <07721 at ipam.pt> wrote:
> >
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  Though this is not of *major* relevance to this list, I've scrybed some
> > stuff here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SELF_DIAGNOSE
> >
> >  That's a set of 60 affirmations. This affirmations are constructed in
> > way that the user can assign 1 or 0 to every single of them.
> >
> >  In the end, they will provide the positioning of one's personality and
> > communication skill's accordingly to the following:
> >
> >  * Passive escape attitude.
> >  * Aggressive Attack attitude.
> >  * Manipulation attitude.
> >  * Assertive or Self-Affirmation attitude.
> >
> >  -- Request - Can someone edit and review English on those sentences?
> > Feel free to commit changes as long as they don't change the meaning of
> > the sentence.
> >
> >  There is also
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/SELF_DIAGNOSE_KEY
> >
> >  In which I'm scrybing now that provides an interpretation of the
> > results from the previous page.
> >
> >  The goal is to establish a simple Personality Test for everyone who
> > wants to do it. I'll provide enough information there for one to
> > accomplish this without any involvements of third parties, see it as if
> > you are curious about yourself and your personality, you can dig up a
> > "psychological" explanation for the results. I'm doing in a way that
> > there are no public results ;) So it's really from a personal point of
> > interest.
> >
> >  Yet another *worthless* (or maybe not) contribution.
> >
> >  Nelson
> >

> > --
> > Nelson Marques <07721 at ipam.pt>
> >
> > --
> >

> Nelson:
>
> Did this content originate from you, or did you find it somewhere else?

The method exists and is a part of a huge battery of diagnose tests. The
content itself has been modified, though it follows the general
guidelines (how the affirmations are builded). So it's not a verbatin
copy, neither a translation, from the contents point of view. As far as
I can say, those are my sentences, which were constructed based on a
real test that I got in my school. Since I know the whole methodology
involved it was easy to re-create sentences that can be evaluated
according to that model.

But of course this follows a scientific model, like most things do. So
to evaluate them and the results, this is based on a method that is
published and generally accepted by the APA (American Psychology
Association).
Do you want me to dig licensing information for the method of
interpretation? I can easily contact APA for that, since we have
privileged chanells through my Institute.

nelson.

--
Nelson Marques <07721 at ipam.pt>