Fedora and Video

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 07:32:47 UTC 2010

At Sugar Labs, after some discussion we chose to open a channel [1] on
Dailymotion, which supports free formats natively and is present in 24
countries. I watch Sugar vids on my iPhone.

We have communicated to Google that support of free formats would be
in their interest. So far, only the Speex audio codec works in Flash
on YouTube. Adobe could add Flash support for other unencumbered
codecs any day of the week, but choose not to.

Sean

1. http://www.dailymotion.com/group/SugarLabs