Need some time in a future Marketing Meeting.

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 13:42:56 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 01:30:35AM -0400, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 5:21 PM, threethirty <three at threethirty.us> wrote:
> > +1 we have real work to do.
> >
> We all have to be sensitive to differences, but it is impossible for
> one person to know all the possible way of something get
> misinterpreted. Most important it is impossible to please everybody
> all the time.
>
> We are doing real work. I have helped with Spanish localization of One
> Page Release Notes. I also was asked random stuff out the blue by
> Gomex, and without knowing I help him with the Brazilian localization.
>
> http://www.projetofedora.org/wiki/index.php/Fedora_12_notas_de_lancamento
> http://proyectofedora.org/wiki/Conoce_Fedora_12
>
> We (as marketing team) discussed (at FAD) that we need to promote
> better those localizations for the next release. Invite more people to
> do more localization. This is the way out, local people will not
> include wrong local symbols. The solution was already in place, but
> apparently not well known.
>
> Best regards.
>
> PS: What a marketing budget we will got if we find a way to cash all
> the $0.02 that everybody is tossing with at emails ;)

Neville made some great points here, as did several other people on
the thread.  We do need to respect the desire of contributors to want
to search out new areas in which to get involved.  At the same time,
we are trying to:

* Nail down deliverables for Fedora 13

* Keep our marketing meetings focused and actionable, as opposed to
  long academic or theoretical discussions

I agree with Robyn that in-person meetings, whether on IRC or
otherwise, need to stay focused on simple, actionable tasks.  Meetings
that do this stay highly motivational for the attendees.  Otherwise
they tend to make people feel they don't understand what they can or
should be involved in, and how to know when they're done.