Limesurvey - Update

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 17:04:56 UTC 2010

Hello Friends,

I've decided that the best thing to do at this point in time is to put
limesurvey on the backburner until (1) F13 is out the door, and (2)
Until Fedora Insight is out the door. I was hoping to have a meeting
of "next steps" prior to F13 release (as you may have seen in a
previous email) just so we could at least have a task list of "what to
do" so we can be off and running; but with so many of our
Infrastructure / Marketing multi-tasking awesome folks working on FI,
I think it's best to just wait to worry about next steps until we're
more freed up with time.

That said: I know that Ryan, Nelson, and David are all continuing to
plug away on the remaining packages that are needed for limesurvey,
and I hope they continue to do so - it's hard to move onto the 'next
steps of Limesurvey deployment' until these packages are resolved.

And with that, I'd like to take a moment and thank all three of you,
along with anyone else who has been working on packaging for
Limesurvey (I'm not forgetting you intentionally!), PROFUSELY, for all
the work you have been doing.  I realize that the packaging on this
particularly piece of infrastructure has been anything but easy, and I
want you to know that your efforts are not in vain - we WILL be
plowing forward on this once Fedora Insight is deployed, which should
be in conjunction with the F13 launch.  Seriously: I owe you folks
cookies (even if some of you, *cough cough* David, doubt the existence
of cookies *grin*).

I'll be taking this off our meeting schedule and setting it as an F14
"big to-do" in Trac, so we don't use cycles on discussion during
meeting time... but by all means, if you are moving ahead or fixing
things or making packages or, in general, doing magic with Limesurvey,
feel free to update the wiki and mail the marketing list - we would
all love to hear about forward progress (or alternately, major
blocking problems with packaging!).

Rock on,

Robyn